Current Cookery Courses
Saturday 11th: 11am - 4.00pm | Led By Jayne Annan
Jayne is a very patient and understanding tutor with a wealth of experience. She explains clearly and puts everyone at ease. All her instructions and recipes are completely reliable and mean that success is guaranteed every time. It's difficult to follow a recipe if you don't understand the terms that are used plus it would be nice to be able to 'rustle up' a meal without even having a recipe in front of you. This session will help you develop your culinary skills in a supportive environment, working at a gentle pace. The day will help you understand more about how to prepare simple, quick, nutritious meals that will make working in the kitchen an enjoyable and therapeutic experience, rather than a chore, and help you steer away from convenience foods with all those additives.
Jayne is a wonderful tutor and so patient. It is incredible how much can be learned in a short time. Will definitely recommend this to friends - CAS
Lots of useful tips and advice and transferable skills - plus delicious food - Philip
Dishes on the menu::
- Eggs - quick, easy and nutritious: boiling; poaching; omelettes
- Chicken & bacon supremes with a versatile tomato sauce - a winner for dinner! A tasty, speedy dish that will help you learn about safe handling and cooking of poultry.
- Making the most of green veg - lots of tips to retain taste, texture and nutrition.
- Crowd pleasing cheese scones - quick to 'rustle up', as long as you know how to avoid the pitfalls. The recipe can easily be adapted to make fruit or plain sweet scones
- Lemon Drizzle Cake - it's good to have a cake in your repertoire and this is the best one to start with.
- How to make excellent soup - Leek and Potato in this instance but it will give the skills required to make many variations
- Chunky Chilli Beef with perfect rice as an accompaniment
- Chocolate & Pecan cookies - makes your tea or coffee break extra special
- Victoria Sandwich - light, moist, classic and YOU can make a cake to be proud of.
This cookery course is hands-on and busy. All ingredients, equipment and aprons all provided.
Whatever your skill level the small group size (maximum 10) enables you to get plenty of attention, whether you want to be helped or stretched. You will be working in a friendly and sociable environment.
Lunch with wine will complete the experience and you will have plenty of goodies to take away with you.
It can be made suitable for vegetarians. Let us know when you book.
Special Dietary Requirements?
Let us know beforehand by calling us on 01380 530203 or tell us at the checkout...
Many of our cookery courses are suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and can often be adapted for those with food allergies or who are sensitive to some ingredients.
Call Us on 01380 530203 Contact Our Events Team Contact Cookery School
NOTE: After clicking the add to bag button you will be taken to our checkout, where you can select the number of places you require and choose to pay with your credit card or PayPal
Cancellation Policy: Vaughan's Cookery School
Transfers or refunds are available up to 15 working days before a class. No refund or transfer is available after this time.
To book with a Gift Voucher either call us on 01380 530203 or contact us with your voucher code.
Please include the date & title of your chosen course in your message.