Current Cookery Courses
Wednesday 9.30am - 4.00pm | Led by Catherine Maxwell
We are delighted to be able to offer Level 2 Award in Food Safety & Hygiene validated by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH). Catherine Maxwell is a regular tutor at Vaughan's Cookery School. She is a well qualified chef and experienced teacher who has been delivering this course for a considerable amount of time.
It is an essential qualification for anyone in a role where they handle food. It is valid for three years.
Although there are on-line courses available, Environmental Health Officers recommend that the initial qualification is achieved through a face-to-face taught course to ensure complete understanding.
Suitable for anyone:
- wishing to apply for a job or currently working in the food industry including pubs, hotels, restaurants, cafes, works canteens etc
- interested in applying for or currently working in works canteens, hospitals, care homes, prisons etc
- those wishing to apply for or currently working with food in retail, supermarket environments
- food and drinks manufacturers
- planning to run their own food business (however small)
- working in a voluntary role in lunch clubs etc.
- nursery staff, child minders, breakfast or after-school club staff
This qualification highlights the importance of food safety, providing information about the systems, techniques and procedures required to ensure food is handled safely within your working environment.
It delivers increased confidence through development of a practical understanding of how to both control and minimise food safety risks.
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
• Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
• Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
• Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Assessment takes place at the end in the form of a multiple choice examination.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided..
Special Dietary Requirements?
Let us know beforehand by calling us on 01380 530203 or tell us at the checkout...
Many of our cookery courses are suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and can often be adapted for those with food allergies or who are sensitive to some ingredients.
Call Us on 01380 530203 Contact Our Events Team Contact Cookery School
NOTE: After clicking the add to bag button you will be taken to our checkout, where you can select the number of places you require and choose to pay with your credit card or PayPal
Cancellation Policy: Vaughan's Cookery School
Transfers or refunds are available up to 15 working days before a class. No refund or transfer is available after this time.
To book with a Gift Voucher either call us on 01380 530203 or contact us with your voucher code.
Please include the date & title of your chosen course in your message.