Professional Courses in Culinary Skills
Our Level 2 Culinary Skills Award gives you a thorough grounding in the 'basics' including all aspects of good kitchen practice and will help further a career in any aspect of the food business or give a 'shine' to your cooking skills at home and increase your confidence in the kitchen from whatever level you start.
"Peter's excellent at engaging with students and his knowledge of ingredients, their source and history are remarkable. We regularly have some of Peter's staff here at Lucknam Park and it is evident from their attitude and abilities that they are receiving training of the highest calibre." Hywel Jones, Executive Chef Lucknam Park Hotel and Spa
Taught by Catering Professionals
Peter Vaughan, an award winning chef and member of the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, heads the team. He has worked in a variety of fine dining restaurants and has his own event catering business, as well as the cookery school. Peter is known for his infectiously enthusiastic teaching style that always leaves you inspired.
The course curriculum is set by the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality (CTH) and taught by experts from the Vaughan's Cookery School team, with the special Vaughan's Kitchen 'twists' thrown in that help develop culinary creativity, as well as competence.
What will I learn?
The course will teach you how to prepare, cook and finish:
- Meat, poultry and fish
- Cakes, pastries, biscuits and breads
- Special dietary requirements
- 'Naturally balanced' dishes that maximise nutrition without compromising on taste
- Our CTH professional course also covers all aspects of food safety and good kitchen practices, and you will also complete the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
- Students are taught in small groups (maximum 10) and receive a practical, hands-on experience.
"The course opened up a whole new learning experience around food which was thoroughly enjoyabe, constructive and practical. It fired my imagination...Potentially life changing."
What work can I expect to do with a CTH Culinary Skills Award?
Typical ways in which this qualification may be used...
- Running your own catering business: cafe; restaurant; street food; office catering
- Private chef
- Junior chef in professional kitchen
- For your own personal satisfaction and improvement
- Chalet chef
- Holiday villa chef
- Yacht chef
If you require accommodation please get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01380 530203
Vaughan's Cookery School is the only teaching centre in Wiltshire approved by the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality and one of just seven delivering their culinary skills awards in the whole of the UK! It also offers best value.
Vaughan's Kitchen can offer a range of work experience in its highly acclaimed Vaughan's Kitchen event catering team, either in the production kitchen or at an event (or both).
Email email@example.com or phone 01380 5300203 for more information.