The Hemsley sisters may be at the forefront of healthy nutritious food in London but may we just say that we have been promoting the same for a lot longer! Here's a fabulous low carb fish dish - high in taste AND nutrition...
Serves 2 Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 large carrots (spiralised or shredded)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red onion, chopped finely
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 English trout fillets (although any fish worls well with this dish)
2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan (make sure it has a lid).
- Add spiralised/shredded carrots and the finely diced onion and sweat gently for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and stir round for approx one minute (burnt garlic turns very bitter) then add turmeric and stir in well.
- Turn the heat right down and put a lid on the pan.
- Season the fish fillets.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan and pan fry the fillets over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
Optional: Serve with homemade potato chips & a big serving of greens
Chef's tip: Add courgette and sesame seeds to the carrot mixture for added vegetables and crunch.