OPENING again 18th June
Smaller numbers will allow for social distancing, hand sanitising stations will be available on entry plus we have the usual access and attention to hand washing. Face masks will be available.
Please check our website for new dates + Autumn/Winter programme.
Emails and phone calls are being monitored if you want to get in touch.
CONTACT THE COOKERY SCHOOL (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER)
Another fabulous Fish Friday recipe and this time taking advantage and an extra special crop of British asparagus this year. Apparently the mild spring may have produced the best crop for over a decade...
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 Minutes Serves 4
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 white fish fillets - cut into chunks
200 ml white wine (optional) or 200ml water
300g pasta of choice - we like wholewheat tagliatelle for this recipe
5 or 6 asparagus spears quartered
2 garlic cloves - minced
150g peas (can use frozen)
1 lemon juiced
250g tub of ricotta or other soft cheese
sea salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
Parmesan and parsley for topping
- Season fish and pan fry the chunks for 2 minutes either side and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the wine or water and letting it bubble for a coupke of minutes until it has reduced. Pour into a jug and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of water - usually 12 minutes for al dente.
- Using the same frying pan melt the butter, add the asparagus and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute then add the cooked fish and peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the reserved liquid, lemon juice and ricotta and season.
- Lightly drain the pasta and add to the fish mixture. Toss until well combined.
- Divide between bowls and season with Parmesan and parsley.