OPENING again 18th June
Smaller numbers will allow for social distancing, hand sanitising stations will be available on entry plus we have the usual access and attention to hand washing. Face masks will be available.
Please check our website for new dates + Autumn/Winter programme.
Emails and phone calls are being monitored if you want to get in touch.
CONTACT THE COOKERY SCHOOL (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER)
Rilette is just the French name for a coarse pate and in this version avocado meets tarragon to produce a refreshing and delicious dish. It makes a fabulous starter teamed with tomato dressing (recipe elsewhere) and topped with some smoked salmon or vegetable crisps and served with crusty bread or crackers.
2 large ripe avocados
juice of 1 lemon
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
pinch of sea salt
crushed black peooercorns (poivre mignonette)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Cut avocadoes in quarters, remove stones and peel off skin
- Chop into small dice and put in a bowl.
- Gently mash about half with a fork but leave some larger pieces to create texture.
- Add salt, papper and lemon juice and stir in immediately to prevent discolouration.
- Add chopped tarragon, spring onions and creme fraiche, mixing all in thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and balance tastes as necessary.
- Flavours develop well if left chilled before serving. Cover closely with clingfilm to avoid oxidisation.