Peter Vaughan was asked to come up with some ideas of ways to use quails eggs for a Countryfile item with Paul Martin. Here's an interesting way to use them.
- Poach quails eggs in boiling water - 21/2 mins for soft yolks or 3 mins for firm
- Put straight into iced water to cool quickly.
- Roll egg alond work surface with finger to break the shell and peel.
- Roll egg in seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg wash and then in fine breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the process so that the egg has a double coating,
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- season with freshly ground black peoper