Our Ethos : Naturally Balanced
"Naturally Balanced is our fundamental philosophy. Whether it's catering for a special event or a Cookery School Masterclass, our passion for using good ingredients in the right balance is paramount." Peter Vaughan
The approach to our cuisine we have termed 'naturally balanced'. Sourcing the best ingredients from a team of passionate suppliers who are like minded when it comes to providing great produce is just a part of it. We always use top quality ingredients and make sure there is the right balance in terms of flavour, texture and nutrition.
Fish & seafood: Our fish comes from Newyln harbour, south of Penzance. Newyln has consistently won awards in the fishing industry for its focus on fish stock sustainability.
Vegetables: Wiltshire is a fertile agricultural county and we delight in preparing and cooking vegetables, grown in the county. Sweet bunched carrots, different varieties of kale and chard, tasty Marfona potatoes & the most amazing herb producer, Folly Farm, who can provide us with anything from lovage to fresh marjoram.
Meat: Devizes probably has one of the finest butchers in the UK. Walter Rose is a family owned business established in the 18 th century and supplies to many of the best Michelin star chefs in the country. Walter Rose helps us with providing amazing heritage breeds including Wiltshire long horn for our lamb, Hereford/Angus for beef and naturally the best Wiltshire pork possible, officially voted the best in the South West.
Good for You & Good for the Environment
Our healthy and tasty philosophy carries through into all aspects of Vaughan's Kitchen, bringing benefits to local business and individuals as well as showing a healthy respect for our environment...
- Local produce equals less packaging and fewer food miles
- Recycling bins for glass, paper (including napkins), cardboard, metal etc
- Wormery for recycling kitchen waste
- Reusing plastic, glass and metal containers
- Removes chemicals and heavy metals
- Minimizes use of cleaning products with high chemical content
- Reduces lime scale build up saving energy and extending life of appliances
- Provides excellent tasting tap water for customers