Available Saturday evening 30th Jan: pick up 4pm - 7pm @Vaughan's Kitchen Cookery School
Unit 8, White Horse Business Centre, Hopton Road, Devizes SN10 2HJ Re-heating instructions available with meal
This date would normally have heralded the start of the Venice Carnival, which would go on until Shrove Tuesday - exactly 40 days before Easter. This year they are hoping to run it as a shortened event - well, everyone wears a mask anyway and a lot of it is outdoors. The carnival has been going since 11th century but was banned by Francis II in 18th century, as it was believed that people were ‘having too much fun’! It attracted the likes of Casanova, Lord Byron & all sorts of wealthy party revellers.
So let's celebrate the wearing of masks and have a bit of a party - at home.
2 courses £23.50pp
3 courses £29.50pp
1) Chicchetti: Pizzettas with red pepper, courgette; Arancini Veneziani (cheesy rice fritters with garlic and parsley dip); Polpo (octopus) salad with olives, artichokes & tomatoes
(octopus is soft and delicious when cooked correctly, which we hope you trust us to do)
2) Chicchetti: Pizzettas with red pepper, courgette; Arancini Veneziani (crispy rice and red pepper fritters with garlic and parsley dip); salad of artichoke, olives & sun blushed tomatoes
3) Crispy supreme of partridge with polpette (meatballs), wild mushroom & tarragon sauce
(can be made gluten & dairy free on request)
4) Sage gnocchi with ‘caponata‘ of artichokes & peppers
Both of the above served with crispy polenta potatoes with toasted fennel seeds & Venetian-style vegetables
5) Classic Tiramisu created in Venice
7) Panna cotta with passion fruit & raspberry (vegan, gluten free)
In line with government requirements, you will need to wear a face covering when you come to collect your takeaway. Our staff will also be wearing face coverings, there will be hand sanitiser by the door and the pick-up times are staggered, so there should be no more than one customer in the cookery school at a time. Please wait at the door if someone else in inside. If you prefer to stay in your car and the takeaway brought out to you, please ring 01380 530203 when you arrive.
- Make your choice
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Include dietary requirements, telephone number and preferred collection time.
- We’ll get back with a link for payment (you can pay using card or PayPal account) and confirmed pick up time (we’ll try and stick as much as possible to your preference, but may need to spread the orders to make sure there is no congestion)
- Once payment has been received, you’ll receive a confirmation.