Available Saturday evening 13th Feb: pick up 4pm - 7pm @Vaughan's Kitchen Cookery School
Unit 8, White Horse Business Centre, Hopton Road, Devizes SN10 2HJ Re-heating instructions available with meal
This year the Valentine’s weekend falls just after the Chinese New Year. As the date of the Chinese New Year always changes, due to it being based on the lunar cycle, we felt it was appropriate to bring a little bit of traditional Sichuan cuisine into the menu. Most Chinese takeaways serve Cantonese cuisine. The unique Szechuan (or Sichuan) pepper is one of the most incredible seasonings we have ever used. Contrary to its name, it is not actually pepper and is, in fact, the seed of the prickly ash tree. The magic in the seed comes alive when you roast it gently. Szechuan pepper forms an essential component of famous Chinese 5 spice.
All food will keep until Sunday if you want to have your Valentine's feast on the actual day.
2 courses £23.50pp
3 courses £29.50pp
1) Crispy spring roll with slow cooked beef & duck; Sichuan slaw; home made Hoisin dip (gluten free on request)
2) Crispy spring roll of tempeh & cashews (vegan; gluten free on request)
3) Wiltshire pheasant & chicken cooked ‘Kung Pao’ style (crispy chunks, slightly sweet and gingery); Szechuan & peanuts; Ken Hom's egg fried rice (Peter learnt this from the Master himself); Szechuan wok fried winter greens with soya & rice wine
(gluten & dairy free)
4) Crispy tempeh ‘Kung Pao’ style with Szechuan & peanuts; fried rice with bamboo shoots, water chestnuts & cashews; Szechuan wok fried winter greens with rice wine
(vegan, gluten free)
5) Rhubarb & ginger panna cotta with almond bakes (gluten free)
6) Chocolate brownie with stem ginger (vegan)
In line with government requirements, you will need to wear a face covering when you come to collect your takeaway. Our staff will also be wearing face coverings, there will be hand sanitiser by the door and the pick-up times are staggered, so there should be no more than one customer in the cookery school at a time. Please wait at the door if someone else is in inside. If you prefer to stay in your car and the takeaway brought out to you, please ring 01380 530203 when you arrive.
- Make your choice
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Include dietary requirements, telephone number and preferred collection time.
- We’ll get back with a link for payment (you can pay using card or PayPal account) and confirmed pick up time (we’ll try and stick as much as possible to your preference, but may need to spread the orders to make sure there is no congestion)
- Once payment has been received, you’ll receive a confirmation.